Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Binway
Helper II
Helper II

error message Azure SQL Database connection

Hello Folks,

I have created an Azure SQL Database that I am trying to connect my Power BI Desktop to.  I don't have admin privileges on my laptop so can't install SSMS or open an outoging firewall port for 1433.  The error I am getting:

AzSqlDBCnx.PNG

I have opened the firewall setting on Azure for my IP Address.  From my research on this forum I am suspecting that my companies network folk may need to open something but have no idea what to ask them, and this suspicion could very well be wrong on my part.  it could even be that I only need to open an outgoing firewal for port 1433 on my laptop which i can request to be done from the service desk.

Any thoughts on where to look would apprecaited.

Regards

Binway

2 REPLIES 2
Binway
Helper II
Helper II

I have spoken to our network folk and they are going to put some monitoring in place from the Laptop to the Azure SQL Database.  Then we will try to connect from the Power BI Desktop and get some results from the network monitoring.  Ill let you know of the results.

Binway

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Binway,

It sounds like a known issue which list on support page, I'd like to suggest you take a look on it:

Instead of receiving a message to enter credentials, customers using a Direct Query Model that connects to a SQL Azure data source will receive a pop-up "Couldn't load the schema for the database model" error message when opening the report if their SQL Azure credentials are incorrect. To fix the credentials, please go to dataset settings page and enter the correct credentials. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed to all regions by end-of-day 12/03/18. 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.