Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JulieAnne

enlighten data story

I downloaded the "Enlighten Data Story" custom visual a while back and have been using in in most of my reports. The formatting use to work just fine, but when I opened Power Bi this morning (desktop and server) all the formatting was incorrect and didn't change when I tried to edit it under the format field. So instread of showing 41,9% its showing 0.41934346546 for example.

Under the modeling tab at the top the formatting still shows it so be a percentage but it's not displaying correctly in the custom visual.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, I've found and fixed the bug - there was some premature sanitization going on.

It takes a couple of weeks to get approved through the store - I've started that process now and let Microsoft know it's urgent, but in the mean time you can grab a temporary version from here: https://tinyurl.com/ybzdcrnb

I'm also going to ensure we increase our internal testing moving forwards.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
verneroberts
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hey everyone, I'm the guy who created this along with most of the other Enlighten custom visuals.

We recently updated the api and tweaked some of the input santization to meet security certification standards.

I'm a bit distressed to see it's broken!

I'm jumping into this right now, and will reply here with updates.

Ok, I've found and fixed the bug - there was some premature sanitization going on.

It takes a couple of weeks to get approved through the store - I've started that process now and let Microsoft know it's urgent, but in the mean time you can grab a temporary version from here: https://tinyurl.com/ybzdcrnb

I'm also going to ensure we increase our internal testing moving forwards.

@verneroberts thank you so much, I noticed this decimal issue today.

@verneroberts thanks for fixing this so quickly! 

@vernerobertsthank you for such a quick turnaround. Job well done. Thanks a lot!!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@vernerobertsglad to hear from you and look forward for the fix. Amazing visual you developed. Love it. Thanks a lot!!!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

nicklatocha
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue - did anyone here anythign back?

arelf27
Helper II
Helper II

Creating measure and formating, rounding, etc. via DAX worked for me to get this around this issue for now:

DAX: format(ROUND(SUM('table'[field name]),0),"$#,0")

Output: $99,999,999

arelf27
Helper II
Helper II

I'm having the same issue.. My amount field was set to Format: $English with 2 decimal numbers, but it's no longer formating to a dollar sign or putting in commas and showing either three decimal points or in some cases all decimal points... I noticed it all ho haywire yesterday too.... 

Is there a support page for this particular visual?????

The only thing that works for me right now is adding a measure and using Round() to get rid of all the decimal places..... Not sure if there's a DAX to format to $?

I tried to contact them from the link below

https://www.enlighten.co.nz/contact

For the measure i think you can try changing it to text puting the $ sing in the beginning, I'm gonna try the same thing here.

mfolco
Frequent Visitor

Same here!!

I tried to contact the company that created the vision but until now they didn't respond.

If they say something i'm gonna post here !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.