Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

manishdhoom2
Regular Visitor

embed power bi reports in .net portal

Hi Everyone we are trying to embed power bi reports in our portal using API+Azure AD combination, i'm assuming in this combination we will be able to use AI chat boat and ML functionalities ?

Do we need premiuam capacity for the same or pro license will work ?

Any good video or reference document regarding will be really helpfull for us ?

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @manishdhoom2 

You can follow these tutorials: 

How to embed a Power BI report into an application for your customers

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-sample-for-customers

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-sample-for-your-organization

Power BI Embedded capacity is needed to perform this.

Check the table to determine which Power BI Embedded capacity is suitable for your need.

Best Regards,
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In pro licensing model if we have 10 users then we prcoure 10 Power BI licneses but when we go for dedicated capacity  how do we decided  how many or how much capacity to aquire, let say if I have 10 users ?

Hi @manishdhoom2 

Instead of numbers of users, Calculating how much Power BI Embedded capacity is needed is based on multiple parameters like the specific data models used, thenumber and complexity of queries, the hourly distribution of the usage of your SaaS application, the data refresh rates, and other usage patterns that are hard to predict.

Please check this link and download "How to plan capacity for Power BI Embedded" to see more details.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

But this still does not reply answer to my question how does Embeeding pricing work if I procure A1 capacity do i need to pay $700/month irresepective of the fact if capacitiy was used only 10 hours in a month ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.