Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

email multiple users

Is it possible to email a screenshot of a report or dashboard to multiple users on an automated schedule.?  I know each user can subscribe, but I want to be able to control this as administrator.

I have one dashboard that we want a screen shot sent to a group to a group of emails on a daily basis.  Yes, the users can go to powerbi themselves, but the preference is to send them all the same screenshot with the same filters/slicers in place. Not all of them are comfortable with powerbi, or are traveling and only have access to their phones.

Thanks very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Currently, it's not supported to control the end user email subscription by the report owner. For your requirement, I think you can use Reporting Services. You can configure data-driven subscription to group of users with timely basis Email on report server.

Regards, 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Anonymous

Although this isn't possible out of the box however there is a workaround.

1. Create a user with a Power Bi Pro license and who has access to an Outlook mailbox
  2. Create a distribution list containing the users you wish to email
  3. Subscribe to your report/dashboard using you new user account
  4. Configure a mail flow rule in Outlook to "redirect" emails to the distribution list
  5. Your users in the distribution list will now recieve content from the subscribe Power Bi dashboard

Please note these users will still require a Power Bi pro license to access the report/dashboard directly.

Thanks,

J

rrr3521
Frequent Visitor

We faced the same issue. We found a workaround.

1 - Create a system id (i.e. PBI-ID) with an associated email account (Non-expiring password id)

2 - Use this system ID to login to Power BI service and subscribe to the desired report/dashboard

3 - Create a DL with all the users you want to be notified when the dataset gets refreshed

4 - Auto forward emails from PBI-ID's email account to the DL.

The last two steps have nothing to do with Power BI. You would need to contact the group that manages email accounts and DLs.

So, when the dataset gets refreshed, the email is sent to PBI-ID email only. However, the auto forward piece takes care of notifying all your users thru the DL

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Currently, it's not supported to control the end user email subscription by the report owner. For your requirement, I think you can use Reporting Services. You can configure data-driven subscription to group of users with timely basis Email on report server.

Regards, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.