Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sm_accordion
Frequent Visitor

e-mail subscriptions with row level security

I have published a Power BI report with several pages.  I have set row level security with 10 e-mail addresses to 10 regions.  I want to set up a subscription such that a live link is sent daily to each e-mail address such that the recepient will be able to view the report daily only at his region.  What is the best way to go about this?

I understand that with RLS, you cannot subscribe others to a report.  I tried pinning an entire page to a dashboard, but I was unable to subscribe others to that as well due to the RLS.  

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply.  What I ended up doing is to publish another Power BI report that contains a hyperlink to the main Power BI report.  Then I can subscriber users to the report that contains the hyperlink, the users click on the link which takes them to the main Power BI report to which the RLS then applies.

Thanks again and I will vote up that idea.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Based on my research, if the dashboard contains a tile or live page which uses the RLS applied dataset. We are not able to subscribe the dashboard to other users. See:

捕获.PNG

For your requirement, I would suggest you vote this same idea up:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34449625-subscribe-others-to-emai...

If you still have questions about subscription and RLS, please for free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Thanks for your reply.  What I ended up doing is to publish another Power BI report that contains a hyperlink to the main Power BI report.  Then I can subscriber users to the report that contains the hyperlink, the users click on the link which takes them to the main Power BI report to which the RLS then applies.

Thanks again and I will vote up that idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does the subscription report look visually?

This is the simplest workaround to the issue so kudos!

The subscription report is basically just a nicely formatted title page with a link that says something like "click here to access the reports."  The link takes the user to another PBI report to which the RLS applies.  Seems to be working just fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors