Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dexter
Helper II
Helper II

dynamic title and values based on the user click

I have Table1 as shown below.

ID   Product  Level  Comments

100  Laptop   A1     Dispatched

101  Laptop   A1     Dispatched,Delivered

102  Mobile   A3     Dispatched

103  PC       A2     Dispatched,returned

104  Mobile   A3     Dispatched,returned

105  PC       A3     Dispatched,Delivered

106  Laptop   A2     Delivered

107  Laptop   A2     Shipped

108  PC       A1     Delivered

109 PC      A1      Delivered

I have added the below measures for the table.

A1Count =
CALCULATE(
COUNTAX(
FILTER ( 'Table1', 'Table1'[Level] = "A1"),
'Table1'[Level]
))

Similarly added measures for A2Count and A3Count.
Now i have created a Table visualization which shows the summary with columns Product,A1Count,A2Count,..
When user click on any row column value, the respective details should be shown in the other Table visualization created.
I am facing two issues in this scenario.

1) I want to show dynamic heading for the Details table based on the user click on Table1.
When user click on A2Count column in row with Product Laptop, it should show the table header for the Details table as "A2 Level of product Laptop". Here in the heading A2 and Laptop is the dynamic values based on the user click.

2)Currently with my code , when i click on A1Count column value of product Laptop, in the Details table only details of Laptop for level A1 should be shown, but in my application it is showing all the details of Laptop(including levels A1,A2,A3). How can i restrict Details table to show only the details of the product and level(A1Count/A2Count..) selected in Table1 visualization?

Untitled.png

Is it possible to achieve the above mentioned two scenarios? I'm using PowerBI(Mar 2018). 

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@dexter,

I don't think that it is possible to achieve the above requirement in Power BI Desktop. When you click on column in left table, it will not highlight the specific column, but sort the column instead. You are only able to click on specific row in the left table.

In your scenario, I would recommend you use slicers to filter the two tables, then create dynamic title following the guide in this similar blog.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.