Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robertocarlos

dynamic rolling date (last 7 days)

I am simply trying to put a dynamic date filter to show me a filtered result of this table of the last 7 days (Test Date) everytime this report is opened.

Capture.PNG

The visual filter doesn't have a function for last x days.

I tried multiple things, including the Filter function, Measures but not working.

I even tried calculated date columns with filter but not working

Capture2.PNG

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Robertocarlos,

My apologies, I had the less than symbol backwards. It should be <=7 instead of >=7.

Use that calculated column and place it as a page-level filter with it's value set to 'Yes'. This should filter out everything except rows where the Date Column is in the last 7 days.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TristanKuesters
Resolver I
Resolver I

I also looking for a solution to find a rolling date for my report for the last month.

I want to share my solution. It is a calculated column on the date table.

IsLastMonth = IF('Calendar'[Month]=MONTH(today())-1 && 'Calendar'[Year]=YEAR(TODAY());"Yes";"No") 

And a page/report filter to YES for this column.

th3h0bb5
Resolver II
Resolver II

Use the DATEDIFF function and an IF statement. This will give you a "Yes" if the date is within the last seven days and a "No" otherwise.

lastSeven = IF(DATEDIFF([Date],TODAY(),DAY)>=7, "Yes", "No")

PatrickPilz
Frequent Visitor

I don't see you calculating a measure. FILTER returns a table and could not be used as it does not return a scalar value in the filter context. I had a similar problem, where I needed the past 5 weeks, and used the CALCULATE function like:

SumKGpast5Weeks:=CALCULATE(Sum([QuantityWeight]),DimDate[WeekBeginDate]>=TODAY()-42)

In this case, I needed always the totals for the past 5 weeks from the beginning of the week. So I created a column with the week-begin for each date. You can of course change this to your expression, but you need to have a measure calculated.

For some reason it didn't work.

I tried the following formuila below to get only the dates between last 5 days,

TestDate Caluclated Column = DATESBETWEEN(table[TestDateTime (bins)],(TODAY()-5),TODAY())

but it would give me an error

A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected.

I am simply trying to find a way so when the report is opened it defaults the date to last 5 days

DateColumnColumn 1Column 2Column 3
11/15/2016111
11/14/2016020
11/13/2016111
11/12/2016101
11/11/2016010
11/10/2016111
11/9/2016111
11/8/2016020
11/7/2016111
11/6/2016101

Hey Robertocarlos,

My apologies, I had the less than symbol backwards. It should be <=7 instead of >=7.

Use that calculated column and place it as a page-level filter with it's value set to 'Yes'. This should filter out everything except rows where the Date Column is in the last 7 days.

Are you using a measure or a column?

I am trying to display the last 2 days data so data from yesterday and the day before. I am using a measure as is:

last_2_days = IF(DATEDIFF('Date'[Date],TODAY(),DAY)<=2, "Yes", "No") but having an issue with this field 'Date'[Date].

It returns a single value for column date in table 'Date' cannot be determined...

So if I understand the formula you posted here it looks between 2 dates and if the difference is lower than 2 it will return YES and under the filter you add it there and if the value is Yes than the data will show.

So I have a date table with a relationship to my impression table to the date field. I want to display the total impressions from 2 days before today... (yesterday and the day before)

How do I do that?

Thanks th3h0bb5,

It worked.

I wonder though, if there is another way to use the Date Filter directly.. but Thanks so much Smiley Wink

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.