Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

neelunakeri
Employee
Employee

dynamic display of charts using slicer value

Hi Team,

I was looking for an option in Power BI desktop version to dynamically show/hide charts based on slicer selection value. For example you have to display a graphical view and tabular view for the same information, but more details on Tabular view. The users will be having an option to select the view at run time. Whenever user select Graphical view a bar chart will be displayed and once they select Tabular view a table will be displayed with more columns (calculations used and some additional columns).

I have tried to create 2 charts and kept one over the other and given visual level filters with the desired views. But it is not dynamically show / hide the charts. Does anyone have faced this issue before and have any solution for this. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neel

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi neelunakeri,

I am afraid showing/hiding Charts using slicer won’t work.

Charts and Slicers are added when editing reports, we could have the Chart to display with no Data based on filters with Slicer, but I don’t think currently it is available to use slicer to hide a Chart.

To have a chart showing data when filtered, we could add a filter check as below:

Create a measure IsFiltered like:

IsFiltered = ISFILTERED(Cities[State]) * 1.

Change the type of the measure to Whole Number.

Add "IsFiltered" to your Visual Level Filters. 

Set it to only display when IsFiltered = 1.

See:

How to show/hide points on a map based on slicer

By the way, please consider to submit an idea in the website below:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Hi Michale, 

isfiltered is retuning false always.

@neelunakeri,

Did you get any solution? 

am also having similar kind of requirement

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.