Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pratham
Regular Visitor

dynamic dashboard: userinput for Month filter

I have a table with the list of orders with the ordered date and received date. I would like to calcualte Total ordered value for a month (based on user selection in the filter) , and for the orders received in that month, received value month on month and show it in the dashboard. I have problem in calculating Received value using the dynamic month selections. I have used below measure to get it for a month. 

calculate(sum(Orders[OrderValue]),filter(ALLSELECTED(Orders[OrderDate]),Orders[Order Date]>=date(2018,1,1) && Orders[Order Date]<= date(2018,1,31)),USERELATIONSHIP(Orders[ReceivedDate],'Date'[Date]))

But please let me know if I can pass the month in the order date based on the month inputted by user in the filter perhaps.

Below is the data and the result I'm looking for.

Also Kindly advise what kind of dashboard can show both Ordervalue for Jan and Received value over the months, when filtered for Jan. Similarly when filtered for Feb, it should show order value against Feb but Receved value over months.

ItemsOrderValueOrderDateReceivedDate
A1001-Jan-1810-Jan-18
B5015-Jan-1812-Jan-18
C203-Feb-184-Mar-18
A3024-Jan-18

10-Feb-18

ResultSumofOrderValueJanReceivedFebReceivedMarReceived
Jan18015030 
Feb20  20

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Pratham,

You may take a good look at this discussion.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Relational-Date-Filter-By-Other-Date-How-To/td-p/298373

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Pratham,

You may take a good look at this discussion.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Relational-Date-Filter-By-Other-Date-How-To/td-p/298373

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.