Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shakedb70
Frequent Visitor

dynamic (custom) dates column

Hi,

I would like to create an option to filter data by chosen date range. 

Here is an example:

shakedb70_0-1661200791279.png

In this example you can see the data table on the left. in the middle you can choose a date range and by pressing the button you will add another column to the table that will be on display (the table on the right) with custom header according to the date range the client choose and with a value that sums up all the values in this range.

* Please notice that the button can be pressed multiple times and every time a column should be added in addition to the ones that were already added.

I would really appreciate some help, Thanks! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@shakedb70 well if that is what you are looking for then that is not possible in Power BI, in this case you need to use 

- some external source where you store the data

- Power Automate flow to embed in the power bi and on click ok button pass the value to Power Automate and write it in a table

-. Read that back in Power BI to refresh the visualization.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@shakedb70 it is pretty straightforward, add a date dimension in your model and set the relationship on date from the date dimension and transaction table. use the date from this new table as a slicer using between as an option and then add the following measure:

Total Employees = SUM ( YourTable[Hired Employees] )

and now you visualize this in a table to show the total employees hired in the range, to learn more about date dimension check my youtube playlist https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiYSIjh4cEx2FkuGkngYruS0wm8MYFsoi

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi, Thanks for the reply but I think you didn't understand what I wanted to do, I want to have an option to add as many columns as I want to the table on the right every time the button is clicked according to the selected date range (so the user will be able to compare each date range value he adds with the others) but this solution won't work for more than one column added.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.