Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sarjensystems1
Helper III
Helper III

dynamic current month dates in slicer

slicer Capture.PNG

Hii

I have slicer of between dates 01-Aug-2019 to 31-Aug-2019 and i published to the service in Aug month  but in sept month the slicer dates has not automatically changed to sept month...

How to dynamically change the slicer dates??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Thim
Resolver V
Resolver V

Under the filter of the slicer, change the filter to Relative date filtering, and then set it for "is in this" "month."

This should fix it

Filter.PNG

Hope this will help. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mukul_jain
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. I even applied the same logic as per the above solution and it worked for the current month. However, when the month changed today (from November to December), the dates changed from the start of previous month till end of current month. Is this something which is wrong with Power BI service? Below is the snapshot from a published report:

image.png

Thim
Resolver V
Resolver V

Under the filter of the slicer, change the filter to Relative date filtering, and then set it for "is in this" "month."

This should fix it

Filter.PNG

Hope this will help. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.