Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YongJiang
Helper II
Helper II

dynamic chart for frequency of customers over a period of time

I have a scenario where i need to show a column chart, where the x-axis has the number of times a customer has purchased (from 1 to 50). The y-axis shows the number of customers falling into each purchase frequency category, mostly buying only once and a few buying 50 times. The dataset has customers over a period of time (several years) and i need to show the change of the number of customers based on the number of times they purchased, for different periods (for example between 2015 to 2020, or 2018 to 2019, and 2020 only). I've tried a strategy in which to make a new table with a single column of data, with number ranging from 1 to 50, and used it as x-axis in the chart. I then tried to join this table with summarised number of customers based on the times of purchase, but the two tables simply could not join, and then when i got them to join, the result failed to show scalar number. Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thank you amichantank for pointing out 'dynamic segmentation'! 

It was great help to see the web links, and with the keywords above I also found a recent article by Radacad 

https://radacad.com/customers-grouped-by-the-count-of-their-orders-dynamic-segmentation-in-power-bi-..., which provided info on what exactly i wanted.

thank you and have a nice day!

Yong

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.