Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sshekar7
Frequent Visitor

dynamic bar chart sorting from pie chart

I have pie chart which shows data by industry and a bar graph which shows data by occupation. When i click one of the industry, the bar graphs also updates dynamically but sorting remains the same and does not change based on highest occupation within that industry. Images attached... first image shows retail occupation as highest and in second image I choose health and education as industry.  I would expect the bar graphs to update the sorting where "secondary and elementary" should come first, but retail still remains first. Can i change this behavior?

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sdjensen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@sshekar7 - If you want to do this you need to change the interaction from the pie chart to the bar chart.

When your pie chart is selected go to the "Format" page in the top menu and select "Edit Interactions" then you will see some new icons in the top of your bar chart with "Highlight" selected change this to "Filter" instead.

Interactions.png

/sdjensen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sdjensen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@sshekar7 - If you want to do this you need to change the interaction from the pie chart to the bar chart.

When your pie chart is selected go to the "Format" page in the top menu and select "Edit Interactions" then you will see some new icons in the top of your bar chart with "Highlight" selected change this to "Filter" instead.

Interactions.png

/sdjensen

Awesome Jenson... learnt something today about interactions!

kdejonge
Employee
Employee

No the way that the cross highlighting works is that it shows the values in the other tables in the same order to make it easier to show what the related values are. If you want to filter the data you can use slicers, this will filter the data and reoorder everything.

Hope this helps,

Kasper

Got it.. Thanks Kasper for quick response...

would be better if there was an option where i could choose if i want to sort by highlighted value or original value.

May be future updates... for now i will use slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.