Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SriGaG1
Helper II
Helper II

dynamic Previous rolling 12 months CY and PY

Hello there Experts,

I need to calculate the actual 12 rolling months (CY) versus the previous year (PY) of that 12 month rolling figures. These are the conditiones that need to satisfy

1) If I selected sept19 2022, the data selection range should be (OCT 1 st 2021 to sept 19 2022) and Previous value line should be (OCT 1 st 2020 to sept 19 2021) The date should be changed accordingly.

2) And here, I have used end of the month in x axis. Lets say I am selecting sept 19 from the filter, it is giving me aug 31st data. can you pls just give me a solution for that one too? i need the data till selected date

3) X axis need to be changed accordingly. The x axis label need to be aligned to the bar. Currently, the starting bar is August. but the label says its sept. 

And I need to show both of these in a line chart and I have created it in a PBIX file but the PY line is not changing according to the selected date in the slicer. You can see it in the attached PBIX file 

SriGaG1_1-1663602132088.png

Can you lease help me to do this. The customer is hurrying to get this done. I am not good at power BI and followed many tutorials, but not sucess as all. you can suggest any method. not only this one

link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1upxGyOupkkLcBsmCfxamoG835Xfzbykc/view?usp=sharing

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SriGaG1 ,

I'm a little confused about your needs, Could you please explain them further? It would be good to provide a screenshot of the results you are expecting and desensitized example data.

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu

Hi @v-binbinyu-msft 

Thank you very much  for the reply.

I have created it. And It is getting dynamially changed when we are back dating the values.

I have created another pst by stating the issue im now facing. its in the below link. can you pls help me out?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Average-Constant-line-creation-is-not-working/m-p/2784846#M...

SriGaG1
Helper II
Helper II

@amitchandak can ypu help?

SriGaG1
Helper II
Helper II

can anyone help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.