Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dyamic axis implementation - help needed

hi team i am in the process of implementing dynamic axis change with the help of sclier chichlet . My scenerio is in below manner :

i have factsales with 60 million reocords and i have the granularity in below way :

prodctname customername date sales

a   aasd  10/22/2018   500

b  add    10/21/2018   400

b  add    10/21/2018   300

c   addd  10/19/2018   200

i created the index and selected the columns that are required and unpivoted it  where now i have like 60milllion *3 times . can you let me know if there is any option do it  without unpivoting it?

since i need the directionraltionship with the above table i need the index that i am creating in power bi . So should i create the index in database and then proceed .currently i have many to one realtioship with above table and unpivot table .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-OWNaCUU0o&t=311s  . I have taken this video for base for my example

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

can you please create some sample data (original and unpivoted) and upload this data to onedrive or dropbox.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @TomMartens

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5iv6gtp1u68pq1i/FinalStructue2.xlsx?dl=0

This is the sample data with 10 rows . I have the fact with dimension values (i created the tab like dimvalues) .

So i need the measures to be sliced with feedyard,rationname and sex .

steps i followed:

created the index for fact in power bi. (fact table daily load from SQL)

copied the table with 3 selected columns and unpivoted it .

this made me to have the relationship with the fact and unpivoted table .

questions:

1) If i dont have the index in source and if my data refreshes on daily basis . index can be added at power bi?.

2) The table of unpivoted i created for one time which may not be correct right . If the values in fact table adds up new y unpivoted table should also chnage accordingly .right?.how this can be achived for prod.

your help is highly appreciated . Let me know like condiations if need to have key in fact at SQLDW (etc., for better modelling)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.