Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YuanG
Helper I
Helper I

duration calculation and represent in bar chart, chart of two categorie data

Hello,

I want to know is that possible to make a  chart, which in x axis is time, y axis is name of person, and the bar represent the duration of different project?  Beacuse i want to know like  in which period i have how many project for different person. I've try with Gantt chart, but it's difficult to read when i have many diffrent person and project, beacuse it will create one line for one project of one person, so i can't compare easliy like in one period, who is avelible to work on a new project. 

If it's not possible to have all of these information in one chart, is there a way to do it separate? Like one chart represent just for one person?

It seems like in power bi, no chart can represent a date data in x axis and categorie data in y axis except the Gantt chart?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
YuanG
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for all the reponses! Already sent a mail, hope they will make some modification.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi YuanG,

According to your description, you want the data show like ‘one name with many bars’ in a Gantt chart, but in Gantt chart it shows ‘one name with one bar’, right?

Based on my test, if [Name] field contains more than one record for one person, and place it in the Task property. Those records will be treated as details rows in the Gantt char instead by group by the person.

Screenshots:

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.png

For your requirement, it can’t be achieved currently. Personally, I would suggest you send a feed back to below mail:

Power BI Custom Visuals Support alias: pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what you mentioned. I really need to visualize one Task name with many bars. Already sent a mail to support, hope they can pick it up!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you post some sample data? By time, do you mean 1:30PM or January 1st or something else? And I can't grasp from your description what you mean. I believe that Y axis generally has to be numeric in most visuals. , so perhaps assign a number to each person and include the name as an additional detail? Maybe a Waterfall chart with Person as Category and Duration as Y Axis? I can't fathom the time component as described.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.