Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

drillthrough not working - not applying the filter on the measure

Hi ,

I want to drill through on a measure - but this not applying the filter ON the measure definition.

E.g. the table below is for vouchers

Date--------------Total-----Paid----Created-----Cancelled

1-1-2017----------100------10------70-----------30

Total: All

Created : Status 4 or 5

cancelled : Status 99

Paid : Status 5

if i drill down on Paid 10 - this should give me the 10 voucher details. instead it gives me all 100. It does not apply the measure filter. Am i missing something?

8 REPLIES 8
Deji

Experienced the same problem but fixed it. keep the measure in the table but remove the column of which the measure is referencing. then put the column back into the table. e.g. below keep the apples only measure count in the table but remove the [Type] column, then put the [Type] column back in.
Apples only = CALCULATE( [Total no of Orders], FILTER ('FRUIT', 'FRUIT'[Type] = "Apple"))

Also do ensure that your £Total is a measure not the sum of a [Column]

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Which field did you add to "DrillThrough" section on the second page?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Added to all calculated measures (total, paid cancelled etc)

Hi @Anonymous,

I was not able to replicate this problem on my side. If possible, would you please share your .pbix file for further check? If upload, please remove all unnecessary and unrelated tables and columns.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
zlokesh
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anonymous,

In general Drill through filter should apply on the second page( where details are there) I mean where 10 voucher information is stored and on basic of column DATE or PAID you can apply in second page.

Once you right click on your first page visualization then you can go to your second page.

It would be great if you share the screenshot and some details so that can have detailed picture for same.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes It goes a second page that has the detail columns

It works for totals but not for measures that have a filter on them e.g. 

numbers to drill onnumbers to drill onResult. Detail on 8 records instead of 2Result. Detail on 8 records instead of 2

sokg
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Uncheck the data

Select sub-menu for a bookmark by using the ellipses

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.