Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndersMadsen
Helper I
Helper I

drillthrough is not working

Hi

I can't seem to figure out why Drillthrough is not working, I have tried directconnect and importing a dataset, starting a new report, but the drillthrough filter is nowhere to be find, the filter options where you decide what the drillthrough should filter on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I already did look at the article, and several others.

I just tried putting a value in the drillthrough pane, I can then drillthrough to the page I put this value in, but I can't use the "keep all filters" option for some reason, and there is no troubleshooting information or information about limitations on this option.

I am going to update the drillthrough page because it does not explain that the new drillthrough pane works like the old one, the new one makes it seem like you can just make a drillthrough to the page if you turn it on, but you still need to put in the filters you want to drillthrough to.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@AndersMadsen @Anonymous, 

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? I can use drill through filter in Power BI Desktop June release.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm using the latest

And i have the "keep all filters" turned on, but for some reason no matter which visual I put drillthrough on, I can't rightclick and select "drillthrough to page", the option simply isn't there.

@AndersMadsen,

It seems that you haven't create proper report using the drillthrough filter. Please check the example in this article.

If you still have questions about the filter,please share me a PBIX file with dummy data, you can share PBIX file through online service such as OneDrive.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I already did look at the article, and several others.

I just tried putting a value in the drillthrough pane, I can then drillthrough to the page I put this value in, but I can't use the "keep all filters" option for some reason, and there is no troubleshooting information or information about limitations on this option.

I am going to update the drillthrough page because it does not explain that the new drillthrough pane works like the old one, the new one makes it seem like you can just make a drillthrough to the page if you turn it on, but you still need to put in the filters you want to drillthrough to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also cannot not find the drill through filter option in Power BI Desktop?  Where did it go?missing drill thorugh filtermissing drill thorugh filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.