Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

drilling down visual concatenating labels

Hi All,

Recently i observed that when i'm using text values on X-Axis then upon drilling down parent category is appended with next level, tried concatenate lables turning on and off but nothing seems to be working. It's bit urgent please help me as it's not looking good. However if i put Month Year on X-Axis then it's working fine. Ulitmately i mean to say that there is some problem when putting text values on X-Axis.

4 REPLIES 4
Evan4
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

I also am experiencing this issue. I have made sure that "Concatenate Labels" has been turned off for the x-axis. I have the March 2020 version of PBI.

Has anyone had any success resolving this issue when drilling down?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Evan4 . I am running into this problem as well. Did you figure out how to not have the first category labels show after the drill-down?

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

From the article, we know when a visual has a hierarchy, you can drill down to reveal additional details. More than one text value on X axis can generate hierarchy, or one date field which has a hierarchy can also use drill down feature.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai sorry i already have hierarchy and drill down is working perfectly fine. The problem is when i'm at highest level i see only single label, but as soon as i drill down then parent level label and current level labels are coming together, tried turning on and off concatenate label option of X-axis but nothing seems to be working. I want only respective level label to be shown when i drill down. Please refer to attached image. On Next level i want to see only ENI, IMA and IMO.Labels Getting Concatenated.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.