Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kwilson
Regular Visitor

drill through filters

Is it possible to have a date range on a drillthrough filter.  I have a report and added the drillthrough filters.  The drill through filters work fine and when I right-click and choose drill through it takes me to the correct report.   However, on a column of dates, I would like to be able to choose a date range instead of just one date.  Is this possible?  If so, how would I do that.  I don't want to use month or year.  I want the user to be able to just choose particular dates.  On the main report I have a date range slicer and set that for a range.  The drill through filter doesn't recognize that slicer.  I have to choose the date in the table on that report page and I cannot grab a couple of dates.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kwilson,

As stretcharm said, currently, it is not available to select a date range in Drill throughs, only a single a value is supported. You could submit your feature quest at ideas page.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Spoiler
Actually, the Global Filtering took care of my issue.  The only issue is that Global filtering does not work on the chiclet slicer filter.  It works on the regular "Slicer" and if you use a date field on the regular slicer it works nice as a Global Filter.  Thanks
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Drill throughs don't work with date ranges just single values.

Maybe try the February version it has a sync slicer option across multiple page. It might give you a suitable alternative.

I was advised the Global Report Slicer would work and it does.  It works having the dates in a filter using a regular slicer.   It does not work with a chicletslicer though.   

Thanks

Kathy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.