Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michaelccdf
Helper I
Helper I

drill through filter multiple tables

I have three tables:

Students

• StudentID

Enrollments

• EnrollmentID
  • StudentID
  • YearEnrolled
  • StartDate
  • EndDate

Graduations

• GraduationID
  • StudentID
  • DiplomaType
  • GraduationDate

Tables are related by StudentID, bi-directional

I have a report that has various visualizations based on the Enrollments and Graduations table.  In another tab, I have a report to show information about an individual student.  This individual student tab displays data from all three tables to give a full view of the information for him/her.  I am trying to make this individual student tab a drill down for the other visualizations.   

Case 1: If I put Students.StudentID in the drill down filter in the Individual Student tab, all the visualizations filter properly in that tab.  However, if I go to a tab with visualizations based on the Graduations table, I right click on a visualization and go to See Records, inside See Records I right click, the Drill-Down menu does not appear.  

Case 2: If I put Graduations.StudentID in the drill filter in the Individual Student tab, only the visualizations from the Graduations table filter.  Visualizations from Enrollments and Students do not filter.  When I go to another tab with visualizations based on the Graduations table, the Drill-Down menu DOES appear.  

Is this outside of what Power BI can do?  I am looking for a Drill-Down report on an individual student incorporating data from several tables, accessible from anywhere where StudentID appears.  Is there some other strategy for accomplishing this (using links to an SSRS report for example?)

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @michaelccdf,

Believe that your issue is related with the information you have in each table to make the drilltrough try to add the Student ID to the table where you want to achieve the drilltrough and check if it works.

Read the link because there are some setups you need to have to this work properly.

If you still have issues can you share a sample of the PIBX file so I can check the setup of the drilltrough and help you better.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.