Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

downloading csv file problem with numbers format

Hi,

I have a problem with downloading the CSV file from a visual. The numbers get very messed up, it seems like the CSV cannot recognize when there is a comma, a .000 separator, etc.

Example: 7.567.456,34 becomes 756745634 , ot 3.111.855,22 becomes 31148552200000000.

It is strange also because there is no logic behind how numbers are changed it seems - the 2 examples are real cases from the same table.

How to fix this ? Can I do something on PBI, or have to work on Excel query editor ?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Daviejoe
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous 

I'm pretty certain that, since it's exporting to a csv, it strips the data of any formatting.

The numbers should still be the same, is this not the case?

DJ

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the thing, it seems like it is not, for example it addes a lot of random zeros...

@Anonymous , A number needs to be converted to text, if it is common separated.

Like "7,000" as 7,000 are two columns in csv. But . should remain, unless it is the whole number.

CSV is not for formatted data. It is for Data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is clear. I partially solved this removing decimals from PBI, now it works. Still I don't get why the CSV would add 6 zeros to the number

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.