Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GLIDO
Helper I
Helper I

downloaded report from power bi service not running in power bi desktop

Hi All,

I dowloaded a pbix format of a report from power bi service to local desktop. 

OpeningError.JPGNow, I am trying to open it through power bi desktop but unable to open the report . Encountering the attached error. 

Please tell me how can I solve this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @GLIDO,

Please try these steps:

1. I will share a test pbix file for you, please check if you could open it with your Power BI Desktop.

2. If you could open this pbix.file, please publish it to Power BI Service and download it.

3. Open this pbix file download from Power BI Service.

The attachment is my test pbix file.

In addition, you could have a reference of Export a report from Power BI service to Desktop .

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @GLIDO,

By my test, I cannot reproduce your issue.

Do you have this issue only for this pbix file or all the pbix files download from Power BI Service?

If you close this error message, what will you see?

In addition, what's version of Power BI Desktop do you use? Please use the lastest version of it and have a try.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft

Thanks for your reply. 

The answers to your questions are, 

Yes, I have issues with all pbix files downloaded from Power BI Service.

When I close this message, nothing happens, the Power BI Desktop comes back to the initial state. 

Earlier. I was using July 2018 version, but just today I downloaded August 2018 version and the scene was the same. 

Please share any ideas you have. 

In addition please let me know if I am correct, the correct process to download and run reports from Power BI Service to Power BI Desktop is the same which I am following. 

Regards

Nilesh 

Hi @GLIDO,

Please try these steps:

1. I will share a test pbix file for you, please check if you could open it with your Power BI Desktop.

2. If you could open this pbix.file, please publish it to Power BI Service and download it.

3. Open this pbix file download from Power BI Service.

The attachment is my test pbix file.

In addition, you could have a reference of Export a report from Power BI service to Desktop .

Best Regards,

Cherry

Hi @v-piga-msft

Initially when I tried to download, I was not able to, owing to some internet security restrictions, but when I bypassed it, I was able to download,publish,and run you report as well as my reports from Power BI service. 

Therefore, Internet settings were the reasons. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.