Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MP_123
Employee
Employee

downgrade version

hi

im having a lot of problems sincr i updated power bi report to May 2016 (399&601)

is it possible to downgrade and open the pbix files with old version?

pbi telling me that the reports need to be opened with the last version only

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
BigPicDeepDive
Regular Visitor

This is where you download old versions. Power BI is so badly managed. Horrible that this doesn't come up on google. The only reason I have it is because of a support ticket I had my employer submit on my behalf and I bookmarked it because its so hard to find. 

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@MP_123

The official download link only provides the latest version Power BI Desktop. So you can't downgrade unless you save the previous version installers.

Regards,

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MP_123 once you've updated power bi desktop you can't go back to the previous version.

@ankitpatira Are you sure about this? I've seen many threads where people have reverted back by downloading the previous version. I can understand maybe if you create a report in the new version it may have some elements not compatible with the old one and break like OP said. I can test this out, but I'm in the middle of building an infographic that is taking a really long time and don't want to break it 🙂

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer from where can you download older version ?

@ankitpatira Your downloads folder on your local machine, or wherever you placed the packages when you downloaded them initially.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer thank you, yes if you've saved previous installs then you have ability to reinstall previous version. I was more referrign to the way you can roll back if you don't have previous installer saved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.