Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MP_123
Employee
Employee

donut chart don't show all labels

s.PNG

Hi all

i have another type of release on the donut, yes, its very very small(i see it on bubble chart for example) next to the other legends but why i can't see the label? i understand i can't see  the color because of the size, but i think i do should see the label. i think this is a bug, what do you think?

thanks a lot

32 REPLIES 32
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi MP_123,

I cannot reproduce your issue when creating a donut chart. We need to know the version of your Power BI desktop and that if labels appear when you drag the donut chart to enlarge it after setting Label Style.

Additionally, could you please share sample data so that I can test it in my Power BI Desktop?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Hi Lydia

first, this is the version im using: 2.34.4372.322  64 bit April 2016

actually i can't send you a sample because my connection is directt

but i think the problem is the size of the other legend - 0.1 % of total

i enlarged the pie, still doesn't show the label, you can see here:

http://tinypic.com/r/xcjer8/9

you can see that there is a tiny purple legend there, without label

thanks!

Hi MP_123,

Please use the latest version of Power BI Desktop and check if the issue still persists in donut chart.

In addition, you can export data from donut chart to Excel and share us the sample data.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The latest version does not change a thing. The problem persists. The label for lower values doesn't show in most cases, it will show only if a small value constitutes a large part of the donut.

sorry about the stupid question but how can i share the excel? it can't be uploaded to here.

and : how do i know if there is a latest version? i thoghut it just onw time in a month

@v-yuezhe-msftthanks!

Capture.PNG

this is the sample if it helps..

thanks!

@MP_123 wrote:

Capture.PNG

this is the sample if it helps..

thanks!

Hi MP_123,

With the latest version of Power BI Desktop, I can reproduce your issue using above sample data. I will report the issue internally and post back once I get any updates.

In addition, Power BI Desktop is updated every month, you can directly download latest version from Microsoft Download Center. And Power BI team will announce features and improvements of the new update in Power BI blog.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

I am still facing this issue. Any update?

thanks a lot @v-yuezhe-msft

i have another issue on a different pie: here, some of the data labels are with brackets like they are negative values, but they don't.

321.PNG

ddata.PNG

attached sample as well

thanks!

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@MP_123, for your second issue, that some data labels have brackets some are not in pie chart. It works in the same way in my Power BI Desktop as yours. I found that when the pie chart was set a bigger size, all data labels have a bracket; however, when the pie chart was set a smaller size, part of data labels have brackets. I think that should be the way how data label works that determine whether brackets show or not based on the chart size.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MP_123 Click paintbrush icon, under Data Labels, set Label Style to Both.

Capture.PNG

@ankitpatira

it still doesn't show all...

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.