cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anita75

Re: donut chart don't show all labels

Has this issue been resolved? I have a simple donut chart and the labels always drop off at least one category. Frustrating to have such an amazing dashboard and then something like this happens making you look like a total rookie.  Thanks!

GuySev Advocate I
Advocate I

Joining @Anita75 's frustration. I can't seem to figure out the reason for this. I tried playing with the size of the chart, but still at least one category is dropped from the labels.

anandav Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Vicky_Song,

As you have mentioned I can understand the category label and value not shown when the value is too small. But is there any logic that is followed? e.g. the smallest values are not show.

Because I cannot figure out why sometimes labels for the smaller values are shown and labels for larger values are not shown.

e.g. in the below charts example Chart 1 all values are shown. Chart 2 I have added Germany. But the label for Columbia (2.13%) is not shown but smaller value Angola (0.92%) is shown.

PieChart.jpg

Highlighted
vgarlap Helper V
Helper V

@Vicky_Song  Is there a solution to this existing problem ? You have confirmed in earlier posts that if the values are small , those are not shown in Pie or Donut charts. Do we have any fix for this ?

Lot of users have already complained about it . Does PBI product team is planning something on this ?

Venks

Tober1996
Frequent Visitor

Hi together, the problem is not solved yet (2020). Is there still no solution?

Why doesn't the ability to set overlapping labels work at this point?

How can this problem be moved to a developer?

Kind regards,

Tober

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors