Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MP_123
Employee
Employee

donut chart don't show all labels

s.PNG

Hi all

i have another type of release on the donut, yes, its very very small(i see it on bubble chart for example) next to the other legends but why i can't see the label? i understand i can't see  the color because of the size, but i think i do should see the label. i think this is a bug, what do you think?

thanks a lot

32 REPLIES 32
AkoladeO

Hi Guys, Maybe you have found a fix or not but when I expanded the donut chart, I could see all the labels so I would advise reducing the font of the labels for it to fit properly into your dashboard 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this solution when I ran into this problem.  It's a "space" issue.  Labels seem to be restricted to a specific area based on where the color bar is for that category.  Sometimes you need to rotate the chart to move the color bar to a different orientation, and then it'll populate the label in the free space in that area when it's not crowded with labels in the previous area.  If you have a ton of small slices together, that may not work.  Another option I've used to fix this is to change the position of the labels to "prefer outside" instead of just "outside".  The missing label will then show on top of the donut chart.  Not as pretty but at least it works. 

alienfan002_1-1673656357762.png

Hi, i had the same problem and changing the rotation helped me, but i have another problem that occured only on the server dashboard.

It doesn't show me the values ​​in the right place.

As shown in the picture, the value 2 is not at the place of its slice.

At the desktop and on the server report the donut chart look as it supposed to be, only on the dashboard it is changing and doesn't look the way it should be.

at the desktop/server report:

gal_s_1-1684822496057.png

at the dashboard:

gal_s_0-1684822249005.png

I would appreciate some help regarding this issue

amhiggins
Frequent Visitor

Is there an open idea or bug for this issue? I'm having the same problem. The best I could get is shown below but I feel like there should be a way to at least flip the 2 label to the right side, there's so much open space on the right side, why are they overlapping on the left?

amhiggins_0-1619710851733.png

pavnis
Regular Visitor

Issue was reported as early as 2016 and yet unresolved {wow}.
Any ETA on this?

Fellow community members, any workaround on this?

Another few hours tyring to find a solution to a 6 year challenge.  It would be very helpful if this was addressed in a montly update.      

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@MP_123, I can reproduce your issue that donut chart doesn't show all labels, I will report it internally and will post back once I get any updates. Thanks for reporting it.

Has this issue been resolved? I have a simple donut chart and the labels always drop off at least one category. Frustrating to have such an amazing dashboard and then something like this happens making you look like a total rookie.  Thanks!

Joining @Anita75 's frustration. I can't seem to figure out the reason for this. I tried playing with the size of the chart, but still at least one category is dropped from the labels.

I have a same issue, resizing doesn't help. The label for value = 2 doesn't show, unless it constitutes a larger part, so if the total is 8 the value = 2 will be showed with label, if total is 60 it will not. Frustrating like hell!

@MP_123, the issue you reported is confirmed as by design by product group: If a value is much smaller than the other values, it will not show within the donut or pie charts.

Hi @Vicky_Song,

As you have mentioned I can understand the category label and value not shown when the value is too small. But is there any logic that is followed? e.g. the smallest values are not show.

Because I cannot figure out why sometimes labels for the smaller values are shown and labels for larger values are not shown.

e.g. in the below charts example Chart 1 all values are shown. Chart 2 I have added Germany. But the label for Columbia (2.13%) is not shown but smaller value Angola (0.92%) is shown.

PieChart.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky_Song  Is there a solution to this existing problem ? You have confirmed in earlier posts that if the values are small , those are not shown in Pie or Donut charts. Do we have any fix for this ?

Lot of users have already complained about it . Does PBI product team is planning something on this ?

Venks

Hi together, the problem is not solved yet (2020). Is there still no solution?

Why doesn't the ability to set overlapping labels work at this point?

How can this problem be moved to a developer?

Kind regards,

Tober

Hi.  This seems to be slightly different.  If I have 3 categories, I seem to have the callout showing the big values and the small values, but not the intermediate.  Here for example is my data:

% AAAA,% BBBB,% CCCC

Capture.PNG

Also.  Does anyone have an idea why on the visual one % is surrounded by parethesies and the other isn't?

I have this same issue also using Power Bi on the web..

@AECourtneyhas given a simple solution in another thread - Figured out how to show percentages on pie charts.

When you choose the values to use, if you open the drop down and select quick calc and where it says 'Show Values as' select % of Grand Total, it'll use the % of the total as the value, and if you choose to show value as the data label, it'll show the percent. 

Also @HeroPost has added - In addition, if you drop the value field in the tool tips of the chart, it will show the actual value as well.

I have not tried this is Power BI web service though. But definitely works in Power BI desktop.

I have the same issue. Anyone who knows how to solve this?

Dears

Following forum's rules, I tried to find a similar post before creating a new one.

I found this one, it is not directly related, but I hope you may help me out.

Following with the matter I was thinking about how to show percentages labels all time. As you know, Donut and Pie chart includes the feature of showing the value, the tooltips measures you add, and the percentage of the total (%) when you roll-up/mouse-over a section of those graphs.

My problem comes when I want to show all the time (without rolling over) those %. You can select (As someone said above) "Both", in the graph's parameters, but this would show up the Measure Name and Measure Value, not the %. However, this is something you can do in Excel graphs, but it seems you can't in Powerbi.

Any ID of how solve this problem?, maybe adding a variable in % format instead of Decimal???....

I'm lost on this.Smiley Frustrated

Thanks in advance for the support 🙂

I got the answer myself!

Just select "As percentage of grand total" in "quick calculation", (right mouse click over the variable itself) and problem solved.

Thanks anyway for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.