Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fiveone
Helper II
Helper II

does not let me join although one of the column has unique values

I need to relate to tables, one is a fact tables with rates of ressources and another one is a dimension table with details regarding each ressource.

I made sure there is no null nor duplicates in the dimension table.

let
    source = #"Staff list",
    #"Filtered Rows1" = Table.SelectRows(source, each [Ressource] <> null and [Ressource] <> ""),
    #"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Filtered Rows1", {"Ressource"})
in
    #"Removed Duplicates"

but PBI will still not let me join the 2 tables - it says that one of the columns must have unique values.

Any idea why it would not let join on the ressource column

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, problem solved.

There was a space at the end of one the names. I suspected that but it was not apparent in powerquery. Anyway this should not be considered as duplicates anyway, unless there is some automatic somewhere in the process, but where...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fiveone
Helper II
Helper II

I inverstigated it further and it turns out there are indeed 2 records of one of the resource after the RemoveDuplicates step.

How is that even possible?

2017-02-02 14_33_12-Staffing Dashboard-2017-01-30 - Power BI Desktop.png2017-02-02 14_35_36-Staffing Dashboard-2017-01-30 - Query Editor.png

OK, problem solved.

There was a space at the end of one the names. I suspected that but it was not apparent in powerquery. Anyway this should not be considered as duplicates anyway, unless there is some automatic somewhere in the process, but where...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.