cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

does R script Visual supports Drill down in PowerBI ?

I have a requirement to create 4 reports. 3 reports I am able to create using powerBI visuals and 1 report i need to create using R script visuals. I created a chart using R script visuals. Whenever i select/drill down on other charts value filter is getting passed to other reports as well as R script visuals chart, However, when I try to select/drill on R visual chart there is no interaction among others chart/report. is it possible to make R Visuals chart drillable?. I tried to create a custom visual too but custom visuals provide interaction but not the drill down, in other words, other report doesn't get interacted based on selected values of the custom r visuals chart.

Appreciate your help in advance!.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tn_Gartn

Currently, R visuals respond to highlighting other visuals, but you cannot click on elements in the R visual in order to cross filter other elements.

Please know the limitations

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/service-r-visuals#known-limitations

Regarding drill down feature in custom visuals, you could refer to this similar thread or this code in Github,  these suggest ways to add the drilldown property to a custom visual.

Additionally, here is a custom visual you may have a try to see if it helps.

https://blog.pragmaticworks.com/power-bi-custom-visuals-drilldown-player

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors