Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tn_Gartn
Frequent Visitor

does R script Visual supports Drill down in PowerBI ?

I have a requirement to create 4 reports. 3 reports I am able to create using powerBI visuals and 1 report i need to create using R script visuals. I created a chart using R script visuals. Whenever i select/drill down on other charts value filter is getting passed to other reports as well as R script visuals chart, However, when I try to select/drill on R visual chart there is no interaction among others chart/report. is it possible to make R Visuals chart drillable?. I tried to create a custom visual too but custom visuals provide interaction but not the drill down, in other words, other report doesn't get interacted based on selected values of the custom r visuals chart.

Appreciate your help in advance!.

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tn_Gartn

Currently, R visuals respond to highlighting other visuals, but you cannot click on elements in the R visual in order to cross filter other elements.

Please know the limitations

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/service-r-visuals#known-limitations

Regarding drill down feature in custom visuals, you could refer to this similar thread or this code in Github,  these suggest ways to add the drilldown property to a custom visual.

Additionally, here is a custom visual you may have a try to see if it helps.

https://blog.pragmaticworks.com/power-bi-custom-visuals-drilldown-player

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.