Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

computermike
Helper I
Helper I

display no data until interacted visualization is selected

I am using PowerBI desktop to build a report.  I have a map and a line chart that interact, they work great.  When I select a data point plotted on my map, the line chart displays the data correctly.  This looks great when I have selected a point on the map, but before that when the line chart is displaying data for all points it looks like a big blob of data ugliness and doesn't make sense.

Can I configure my line chart or use another chart that displays no data, until a point on my map is selected?

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Create a measure with HASONEFILTER

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Thanks ImkeF, this is amazing, however it doesn't work on multiple selection. (Using CTRL on windows)

That's why he's called "HASONEFILTER". Thought this was what's been requested 🙂

If you want to make it show up on multiple filter selection, try ISFILTERED.

Also check out this article

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.