Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prabhu_MDU
Advocate I
Advocate I

display data for a period by default on inital load

Hi All, 

I have a report which has "Stacked Column chart" and a Matrix with several Slicers. 

all is well.. 

About the report:

but , now, I need to restrict the data in both, chart and the martrix to display the few years data by default when the reports loaded for the first time in the browser / PBI desktop. Later, based on the user's choice the data will be displayed. 

Slicers: 

Text Slicer (with dropdown option for formatted date values like Jan, 2018, Feb, 2018)

Date Slicer (direct values from database, with "Between" option)

requirement: 

How can I make the report to display for N years, let say 2 years before from current year.

any help is much appreciated.. 

Thanks,DateDefaultIssue.jpg 

Prabhu

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Prabhu_MDU,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-jiascu-msft,

I could not implement the suggestion you have given me, yes, your answer is correct for the requirement, but my business users are not interested to change the filter from "Between" to "Relative".. 

Thanks a lot for your time.. 

Prabhu

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Prabhu,

Please also try the Relative type of Slicer.

display_data_for_a_period_by_default_on_inital_load

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, The simplest way I can suggest is applying a report level filter on your date and use relative filtering to display the last 3 years

Capture.PNGHope this helps, D

Hi Davehus, 

Thanks for your valued time and reply.. 

your answer is closer to my request, but if I apply this filter in the page level, then the user wont be able to see the other data which is older to the 3 year setup.

Hearty thanks, 

Prabhu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.