Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wpf_
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

directquery option values does not show correctly

I'm using directquery to connect through dyanmics CDS using TDS.  When i drag a field which is an option type, onto a table or matrix, the values show up incorrectly.  My option values are for days so one option value would be tue; wed; thur.  But in the table it shows up as 749160000,749160001.  When I drag it into a slicer, it shows up like that as well but when i click on one of them it does filter.  It's just that I can't understand the value.  Is this one of the limitations of directquery, how can i fix this?  Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@wpf_ 

There is a limitation about dates, please check the data type of that field in datasource server.

"Time intelligence capabilities are unavailable in DirectQuery. For example, special treatment of date columns (such as year, quarter, month, or day) isn't supported in DirectQuery mode."

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

manikumar34
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@wpf_ , not clear, 

Please check with the data type of the column on server. 

Regards, 

Manikumar

If this helps, Appreciate your KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.