Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yellow_days
Helper I
Helper I

dimensional modeling and doing Sentiment analysis using R Script

Hello,

I would like to try a simple Sentiment analysis with a R Script.

I created a dimensional model but im not sure how to handle the user comments. I hope someone can give me some advices.

I thought about just to create a simple User Dimension (with name, address, age)

and a fact table with some measures.

I would like the integrate a R-Script (R Script visual) and let the sentiment run on the comments. But right now Im not sure where I should store the comments.

I thought first about store them in the fact table but I also read long text attributes should not be stored in the fact table, because of performance reasons. Now my question: can i store them in a dimension table and still run the R-Script and get the right results?

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @yellow_days,

If your tables contains accurate relationships, it is possible to analysis related dimensional table columns.

Since I'm not familiar with dimensional datasource, I'm not so sure if above method works on all dimensional models.

Notice: current power bi not support analysis many to many relationships.

BTW, you can also post this to analysis service related forum to know how r script work with dimension data model.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.