Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vrv
Helper II
Helper II

different visualizations for different levels of drill down

hi all,

i have a report that has a hierarchy based on a datetime field and within the last level of this hierarchy which I set as the month I added a new hierarchy: user. The Visualization chosen for the first level (YEAR) and the drill down to MONTH has been chosen as Stacked Column Chart. However, for the user drill down I want to use a Stacked Bar Visualization.

How do I keep the first two levels as Stacked Column Charts and the last drill down as a Stacked Bar Chart?

Thanks,

vv

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vrv , I doubt it possible to change the visual type on drill down.

a bookmark can help. But i doubt in case of drill down

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

amitchandak,

thank you for your reply!

So you are saying that I can't define a different Visualization for a different level of drill down.

Ok, then what is my solution?

Is it possible to create a subreport with that drill down level only?

How do I pass parameters between a main report and a subreport? how does my user breakdown that I clicked the month of May and the year is 202 from the previous level?

Thanks,

Regards,

vv

@vrv 

You can create 2 separate visuals and use bookmark feature to save the drill down levels displayed on the visuals.

Please refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply,

however it is very vague, there is not one single clear example of how would I use this featrue for what I need.

Regards,

vrv

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.