Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

evgeni
Regular Visitor

difference in the calculated field of the average and the average line that I add in the visual

why when i add an average that i calculated as measure it show me a different value from the average line that i add to the visual?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @evgeni ,

After checking the files you share, I found that there are duplicate values in the date column, which leads to the difference between the filter conditions of the measure you created and the AVG line filter conditions.

test_avg_line_error.PNG

This also means that the measure you create is the average of 35 rows, while AVG line calculates the average of 34 rows after aggregation.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@evgeni , Average will depend on context. Can you please share an example. Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@evgeni 

because of row and filter context that enabled by measure

more accurate answer depends on measure statement and data model

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
evgeni
Regular Visitor

Hi @evgeni ,

After checking the files you share, I found that there are duplicate values in the date column, which leads to the difference between the filter conditions of the measure you created and the AVG line filter conditions.

test_avg_line_error.PNG

This also means that the measure you create is the average of 35 rows, while AVG line calculates the average of 34 rows after aggregation.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.