Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sbahugu2
Helper I
Helper I

dialogs issue after publish

I am facing issue with dialgauge custom control.

Below is the screenshot of sample provided with the control in custom visual library.

dialgauge1.PNG

Below is the screenshot of this after publishing:

dialgauge2.PNG

And for some places its not reflecting the colors (single color is showing after publish).

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

When I create a DialGauge on the newest version of Power BI Desktop I don't have this issue, even after publishing it to Service (except when I add the pointer value or percentage before all the other values, which seems to be a bug caused by the latest update).

What happened to me after the update was that the visuals created on already existent files displayed incorrectly like yours, both in Service and Desktop. To solve it, you can delete the DialGauges and recreate them (or simply take off the measures from the values of the visual and put them on again), leaving pointer value and percentage for last.

View solution in original post

Hi Thanks,

So far I was using this workaround. I had deleted and created new controls to work. But existing controls were creating issues.

There is no issue if I create a new but with existing one. That's why I was generating the issue with the sample provided with the control.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
adri_s
Frequent Visitor

Have you updated Power BI Desktop to the latest version? If you haven't, that might be the issue, since the latest update has caused some problems with this visual which you can't see in Desktop with older versions but appear when you publish it to Power BI Service.

You can go to the topic DialGauge custom visual problems, where this issue was discussed for more information. Update Power BI Desktop and try the solution I posted there.

Hello Adri_s,

I have updated the latest version of PBI desktop and DialGauge Control as well. But issue still persists.

You can reproduce issue by downloading the dialgauge custom visual and publishing it.

When I create a DialGauge on the newest version of Power BI Desktop I don't have this issue, even after publishing it to Service (except when I add the pointer value or percentage before all the other values, which seems to be a bug caused by the latest update).

What happened to me after the update was that the visuals created on already existent files displayed incorrectly like yours, both in Service and Desktop. To solve it, you can delete the DialGauges and recreate them (or simply take off the measures from the values of the visual and put them on again), leaving pointer value and percentage for last.

Hi Thanks,

So far I was using this workaround. I had deleted and created new controls to work. But existing controls were creating issues.

There is no issue if I create a new but with existing one. That's why I was generating the issue with the sample provided with the control.

sbahugu2
Helper I
Helper I

Here is the color issue with the same sample(Department KPI report tab)

dialgauge3.PNG

After Publish Capture4.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.