Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

haric

dial guage

I was trying a dial guage(custom visual) with the below data points : 

1. Doctor avg.

2. Hospital avg.

3. Provider avg.

4. Minimum value

5. Maximum value

6. Values to define the red, yellow and green sections

Issue:

I am able to plot only Doctor avg. which will be displayed by the pointer and other details like min, max, red, yellow, green

Is there any option to represent multiple metrics (in my case doctor, hospital & provider avg.) in the same gauge ? 

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

So how do the red, yellow and green sections work? if we take the red section for instance it will go from minimum value up to where? would it always be hospital or always provider? I ask as this will determin if the dial guage will work. If they are not linear in values then you will get wierd orange green red progressions etc. If the provider say, always has a lower score than the hospital then it would become your next section (orange) and then the hospital (green).

If it just wont work, then you can always make a dial guage in excel with exactly the pointers etc you need and with a bit of if-muckery and pie action you can have the sections etc become dynamic. Then with Powerbi excel addin you can serve the guage up on the dashboard. Not perfect as its not dynamic with the rest of teh dashboard but it is in one place.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Haric,

Accoridng to your description, you need to display multiple pointers into one dial guage, right?

Based on my research, only one pointers can be displayed on one dial guage. So your requirement is not supported in current version of Power BI desktop. In your scenarion, you need to use three dial guages do diaply doctor, hospital and provider avg separately.

Reference
http://www.cloudfronts.com/power-bi-dialgauge-custom-visual/

Regards,

Chalrie Liao

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

So how do the red, yellow and green sections work? if we take the red section for instance it will go from minimum value up to where? would it always be hospital or always provider? I ask as this will determin if the dial guage will work. If they are not linear in values then you will get wierd orange green red progressions etc. If the provider say, always has a lower score than the hospital then it would become your next section (orange) and then the hospital (green).

If it just wont work, then you can always make a dial guage in excel with exactly the pointers etc you need and with a bit of if-muckery and pie action you can have the sections etc become dynamic. Then with Powerbi excel addin you can serve the guage up on the dashboard. Not perfect as its not dynamic with the rest of teh dashboard but it is in one place.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@haric Have you tried the Bullet Chart (there's a Download Sample link so you can test it)

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/BulletChart1443347686880

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.