Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JennyH

dial gauge

New to PowerBI, so I probably don't solw things the smartest way, but I guess you guess can help me!

Trying to get a Dial Gauge to work the way I want to. I have all my numbers except for pointer value coming from basic excel sheets. Target End is from an Excel sheet and equals budget, in this case 10M. My Max value is also from an Excel sheet where I just chose a number above budget, in this case 15M. Actual End (also from Excel) is set to 7,5M. Now, the problem; everytime I put in the Actual End the max value in the gauge is changed to the same value as Actual End, even though there's still the same value in Max. 

Anyone got any idea on why this is happening? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JennyH,

I am not sure what is your data model, for example, is it like as follows?

Target End   10M

Max value   15M

Actual End   7.5M

It must be noted that the data type value applied in a dial gauge should be number type.

Could you check whether the data type is in the proper number type ? for example, 15 should be changed to  Whole Number, 7.5 to Decimal Number.

Based on my assumption above, I have made a test with the data you provided after changing data type from text to number, and it shows as follows.

5.png

If you have any question, feel free to ask me.

Best regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JennyH,

I am not sure what is your data model, for example, is it like as follows?

Target End   10M

Max value   15M

Actual End   7.5M

It must be noted that the data type value applied in a dial gauge should be number type.

Could you check whether the data type is in the proper number type ? for example, 15 should be changed to  Whole Number, 7.5 to Decimal Number.

Based on my assumption above, I have made a test with the data you provided after changing data type from text to number, and it shows as follows.

5.png

If you have any question, feel free to ask me.

Best regards

Maggie

That was it! Now it works! Thanks!

Hi there, I hope you can help me also....LOL

Here is my question:

Let's say I have a column Sq.FT

The target value could be the maximum value in that column

every record is tide to a person, so what I would like is to show the gauge :

Max = Max value in that column

Min = Min value in that column

Pointer Value = Filter "Sq.Ft" is equal to Person A or B, etc

Let me know please

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.