Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sahilpruthi
Helper I
Helper I

desktop

Hello

Pet me know data lake auto refresh data or not? I have .csv files in Data lake. If I make some changes in csv files, is that changes get reflected in report/ dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sahilpruthi The Desktop does not offer any refresh mechanism, you could manually refresh and the new data should populate the Desktop report.

In order to schedule a refresh, you would need to publish the Desktop PBIX to the Power BI Service (app.powerbi.com)

I don't have direct experiance with the Data Lake connector, but since it is an online source, you don't need a gateway to schedule a refresh on the data set. You can schedule a refresh of the reports to run up to 8x per day.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@sahilpruthi The Desktop does not offer any refresh mechanism, you could manually refresh and the new data should populate the Desktop report.

In order to schedule a refresh, you would need to publish the Desktop PBIX to the Power BI Service (app.powerbi.com)

I don't have direct experiance with the Data Lake connector, but since it is an online source, you don't need a gateway to schedule a refresh on the data set. You can schedule a refresh of the reports to run up to 8x per day.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.