Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

deleting records

Hi all,

I am trying to understand if I can physically delete individual values (as opposed to tables or files) within a dataset, through Power BI.

My dataset consists of many uniform files that I have combined & loaded into my model, and I know that within all those files there are some specific erroneous values that I'd like to get rid of.  I could do it in the unerlying data in each individual file, but I'd like to avoid that due to the number of files I'd have to open/filter/delete error values/save.  Power BI already has all those individual files grouped into the one dataset, and I know how to isolate with the filters and see the error values in my model in Power BI.  It's now just a question of deleting them.

Is there some way to do that?  I need to delete them (as opposed to filter them out) because it unnecessarily complicates all my reporting and new measures.

Thanks

Spyro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

If you have errors in PQ you can right click on the column header and then choose Replace Errors and replace with null

replace-errors.png

If you are wanting to replace specific values then a tediosu way to so it is right click the column header -> Replace Values and replace with null.

Phil

If I answered your question please mark my post as the solution.
If my answer helped solve your problem, give it a kudos by clicking on the Thumbs Up.

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

If you have errors in PQ you can right click on the column header and then choose Replace Errors and replace with null

replace-errors.png

If you are wanting to replace specific values then a tediosu way to so it is right click the column header -> Replace Values and replace with null.

Phil

If I answered your question please mark my post as the solution.
If my answer helped solve your problem, give it a kudos by clicking on the Thumbs Up.

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thank you.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, sorry it wasn't clear. 

I don't want to delete whole rows, only specific values.

Imagine you have a 10X10 table in excel and you want to delete the contents of cell D4, D8 and D10, and keep everything else.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.