cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

default the fiscal year filter in selection pane to current year in the report

hi

i have the requirement in powerbi where the year selection should be defualted to current year  in the filter pane selection . I have selected the fiscal year in y report as 2019 .But after the month of september when fiscal year changes to 2020 should i manually chnage the selection or is there any option so that i can defualt the selection 2020 . In this case in the drop down we should all the previous 3 years also . Requirement is just defualt selection of years when new  fiscal year starts . Is this something possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: default the fiscal year filter in selection pane to current year in the report

Hi @adithyanaini ,

Based on my test, you could use below function to choose current year:

Sample data:

1.PNG

Create a calculated column:

Current = IF(YEAR('Table2'[Date])=YEAR(TODAY()),"Current Year",FORMAT([Date],"YYYY"))

Use the columns as slicer:

1.PNG

Or you could use the PQ to achieve the feature:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Setting-the-Default-Value-of-a-Slicer/td-p/16442

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: default the fiscal year filter in selection pane to current year in the report

Hi @adithyanaini ,

Based on my test, you could use below function to choose current year:

Sample data:

1.PNG

Create a calculated column:

Current = IF(YEAR('Table2'[Date])=YEAR(TODAY()),"Current Year",FORMAT([Date],"YYYY"))

Use the columns as slicer:

1.PNG

Or you could use the PQ to achieve the feature:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Setting-the-Default-Value-of-a-Slicer/td-p/16442

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.