Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bgarland
Helper I
Helper I

decompose datetime

This should be easy but being new to PowerBI I haven't found out how to do it yet. I have a column in a SQL Server table that I'm importing that contains a DateTime. I need to decompose this into two seperate columns, one that holds the date and another that holds the time.

2017-08-31_135224.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarcelBeug
Community Champion
Community Champion

In the query editor, you find Date and Time options at the right hand side of both the "Add Column" tab and the "Transform" tab. These options include extracting date only and time only. They are available only if you first select your date/time column.

So you might add a column with time only and then transform the original column to date only.

Date only.png

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarcelBeug
Community Champion
Community Champion

In the query editor, you find Date and Time options at the right hand side of both the "Add Column" tab and the "Transform" tab. These options include extracting date only and time only. They are available only if you first select your date/time column.

So you might add a column with time only and then transform the original column to date only.

Date only.png

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.