Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Truelearner
Helper III
Helper III

dax help

I have data in the above form where in which i get the number of hours worked for each employyed for an assignment period ( between Startdate and enddate )  and if the current date falls between the startdate and enddate the status flag will be active ifnot it is false.

I created month column from enddate , when people select Feb in month they should be shown total members assigned in project . In the above data example eveyone is assigned to project in Feb so the total count assigned has to be 3 , when user select month March from the date column created they should get total count as 2 becasue the assignment of EMP 2 is no more valid as its end date is 28-02-2020.

@mgwena @cham @amitchandak @Greg_Deckler @Mariusz 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Truelearner ,

We can create a caluclated table and a measure to meet your requirement:

Calculated table:

Date = ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDARAUTO(),"Month",FORMAT([Date],"YYYY-MMM"),"Sort",VALUE(FORMAT([Date],"YYYYMM")))

Measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[empid]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),not('Table'[startdate]> Max('Date'[Date]) || 'Table'[enddate]< Min('Date'[Date]))))

1.jpg

but we cannot understand "when people select Feb in month they should be shown total members assigned in project", because the EMP 1 in start from 18-03-2020 and end to 03-04-2020, it does not have work in Feb, Could you please share the logic why the total of Feb is 3?

By the way, PBIX file as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Truelearner ,

If you 2019 June, we find the resource id 1 is start from 2019-4-1 and end at 2020-5-29, so it count as 1 in 2019-june and 2019-july.

5.jpg

If you have any other questions, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Truelearner ,

We can create a caluclated table and a measure to meet your requirement:

Calculated table:

Date = ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDARAUTO(),"Month",FORMAT([Date],"YYYY-MMM"),"Sort",VALUE(FORMAT([Date],"YYYYMM")))

Measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[empid]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),not('Table'[startdate]> Max('Date'[Date]) || 'Table'[enddate]< Min('Date'[Date]))))

1.jpg

but we cannot understand "when people select Feb in month they should be shown total members assigned in project", because the EMP 1 in start from 18-03-2020 and end to 03-04-2020, it does not have work in Feb, Could you please share the logic why the total of Feb is 3?

By the way, PBIX file as attached.

Best regards,

ITS NOW WORKING WITH MY ACTUAL DATA , CAN YOU CHECK ONCE , AS PER THE DATA THERE IS NO ALLOCATION IN THE MONTHS OF JUN AND JULY BUT STILL IT IS GIVING 1 

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FILE FROM https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O4_72OSpDPjyGhnSGgMYaoRz1LsJMnyX 

Hi @Truelearner ,

If you 2019 June, we find the resource id 1 is start from 2019-4-1 and end at 2020-5-29, so it count as 1 in 2019-june and 2019-july.

5.jpg

If you have any other questions, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

my bad 🙂 i misread it enddate as 2019 May 

i went through it but i am not able to match my current requirement in the link provided.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.