Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wpf_
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

date slicer to filter between months/year

I'm trying to create a report to filter between two dates, and I would like to only filter month/year to month/year (july 2020 to september 2020).  I created a column for months year and put it in a slicer but when I tried the between option in the slicer, it shows 7/1/2020 to 9/1/2020.  I do not need the day.  I tried the timeline visual from the marketplace which is ok but the default spans the whole dates 2009 to 2020.  Is there a way to just add 4 different slicers, one for the start month, one for start year, and one for end month and one for end year?  I tried it, but its not behaving as it should.  The year stays at 2020, and it only shows one month.  Its acting strange.

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wpf_ ,

Is your issue solved?

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @wpf_ 

You could try the visual "Timeline Slicer" from marketplace 

See link

lkalawski
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

HI @wpf_ 

@wpf_ wrote:

Is there a way to just add 4 different slicers, one for the start month, one for start year, and one for end month and one for end year?  I tried it, but its not behaving as it should.  The year stays at 2020, and it only shows one month.  Its acting strange.

Have you turned off the interaction between slicers?
If you use one column in both slicers, the best solution is to turn off the interaction and then get the data using MAX (Values ([columns name])) and MIN (Values ([columns name])).

Send sample data and I will prepare a file with the solution for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.