Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yf569
Helper II
Helper II

date slicer not working properly

I have a date slicer that works on my column chart. I applied a filter on my date slicer, limiting date range to the recent two years. But when I select the full range of my date slicer, as shown in the screenshot, my column chart still shows year such as 2005,2006.

ful range.png

But if I select a smaller range as shown below, the column date changes accordingly.

smaller range.png

4 REPLIES 4
ToGM
Frequent Visitor

Having this same issue occuring in 2023.  Guess Microsoft never fixed this bug.

yf569
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for your reply but it seems you did not get my issue. If you look at my first picture, the 'filters on this visual' is applied to my slicer, not my column chart. So I filtered my slicer to be the last 2 years. Then I have the slider to select the full range, supposely the column chart should show the last 2 years data, right? But it is showing all data including year 2005,2006, etc.

Thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yf569 

did you find a solution for this? I am facing the same issue now. When I set the slicer to "until today" it even shows me dates in the future in my visualization. If I set the date to yesterday, the entries with dates in the future are gone but I miss the current day.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yf569 ,

Based on my test, the filter effect of visual level filter (also called "Filters on this visual") is higher than the Slicer visual. You may clear the visual level filter settings, then the visuals will return result according slicer visual.

If you need the visual level filter for the Slicer, you can refer to this thread Visual level filtering for slicers.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.