Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ajin
Helper II
Helper II

date slicer in current date

Hi Guys,

Is there a way tht i can default my date slicer to current date/todays date. ( the date column should remain a date value) I saw some posts where text is added through dax and user has to select current date. i would'nt wanna be doing that since i think the field has to be converted to text. 

Thanks 

Aj 

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ajin,

I have found a workaround for your requirement. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Setting-the-Default-Value-of-a-Slicer/m-p/16442

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

I wouldnt consider this as a workaround for the issue. Since those are not in date format. i would be using a date range slicer ( between). 

Thanks 

Ajin 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ajin if you use date as relative fitler in filter pane then you can check mark to include today's date but from you question sound like you want to use date slicer.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi @parry2k,

Yup, the user would wanna use the  date slicer.  My scenario is when the user logins in to the report he has to see the values of to date at current date value. Further if he wants to change the date to another  date he can . 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.