Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

waleed111
Helper V
Helper V

date hierarchy

when i make one to many relationship between tow date column on of the them loss its hierarchy:

it come like this without hierarchy:

date3.PNG

so how can i return its hierarchy and make it like this column:

date2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @waleed111 

It seems to be the default behavior, and I don't think there is an option to change it currently. 

An alternative solution is to create a new calculated column "Created2= 'theTable'[Created]" in your table and then use Created2 column instead to get hierarchy back.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

i found this solution in the first link that you share: (Did you establish relationship with an other table based on [Contact date]? If so, it won't show hierarchy when adding [Contact date] to visuals.)

so if i want to keep the relationship, do i have to make my costum hierarchy? 

Hi @waleed111 

It seems to be the default behavior, and I don't think there is an option to change it currently. 

An alternative solution is to create a new calculated column "Created2= 'theTable'[Created]" in your table and then use Created2 column instead to get hierarchy back.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

@waleed111 , Try this if the Contact date is joined with date in the date table. Delete relations and check if you get back the date hierarchy and try to create relations again. This was one suggestion at someplace. I never tried. as I typically use a date table. 

You can see if you can create a custom hierarchy.

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@waleed111 

Goto Options and Setting in File Tab to get Optiosn Dialogue and then check the box in the highlighted area (Time intelligence)2020-09-21_131519.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

it checked but nothing happen.

@waleed111 

Save the File and Restart Power BI to see the effect

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.