Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

urpalani
Helper II
Helper II

date format in slicer

Hi Folks,

I am using Slicer for Date and it is displaying in mm/dd/yyyy , Even though i change in formatting ,still in display it is showing as month as first ,

Anyone have any idea,

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @urpalani,

The date format display in the slicer visual decided by the local client Regional settings. Please make sure your region setting like below:

q6.PNG

q7.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

@d_gosbellIn Power BI desktop my date format is not being picked up. Local date format on my Windows 10 = dd/mm/yyyy, but in my Power BI slicer on a Date field, it still is mm/dd/yyyy. Any clues which other setting could be influencing this?

@nickvanmaele wrote:

@d_gosbellIn Power BI desktop my date format is not being picked up. Local date format on my Windows 10 = dd/mm/yyyy, but in my Power BI slicer on a Date field, it still is mm/dd/yyyy. Any clues which other setting could be influencing this?

Power BI Desktop should be using the settings defined in the File > Options dialog. Note that there are "Regional Settings" both under "Global" and "Current File" so check both of those. It could be that someone set the file to use a different locale.

I'm in Australia and Global Settings only has US English.
Current Settings allowed UK English but it didn't make any difference.
I'm using MS Edge browser.
Edge has UK as language (I downgraded Australian 😞 )
I'm also aware that with Date formats (Relationship page) you need to choose the "unasterixed" date formats as those will default to US formats.
Crazy how much time you waste trying to get this to reflect correctly.
If the format is dd/mm/yy then why the heck does it reconfigure ??? What's the point of chosing a format? (sorry that is just a general rant!)
Thanks for your tips all the same 

Thanks for replying. Solved the problem Sorry that I did not think of this 🙂

Hi, 

No alternative solution for IE and Chrome so far.

Regards,

Wesam

Hi i have similar problem in relative date slicer. In my region setting week stat from monday but in P BI slicer it start fromd sunday. How can i change it ??

image.pngimage.png

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yep, I see the same thing. What locality are you? I'm English (US). I see the same thing. You change the date format to something like dd/mm/yyyy and in the slicer it shows as mm/dd/yyyy but in other visuals it displays as dd/mm/yyyy (like table)

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler 
   I am still facing issue wherin date in the slicer is changing to mm\dd\yyyy no matter what i do. I have changed system level language to english(UK), brower (chrome & Microsoft edge) language to English (UK), Still no luck. Any other way around for resolving this. Other than date in slicer, all dates in my reports are in dd-mm-yyyy fomrat. Its really annoying and frustrating that i cannot allign the date format of filter to the rest of the dates.

Regards,

Hemant

Hi @hemantsingh 

Can you check if you have changed the language and spell check both to English (UK) in the Chrome browser settings?

After doing this the date in slicers should be formatted as dd-mm-yyyy.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Suguna.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.