cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemantsingh Member

Re: date format in slicer

@Greg_Deckler 
   I am still facing issue wherin date in the slicer is changing to mm\dd\yyyy no matter what i do. I have changed system level language to english(UK), brower (chrome & Microsoft edge) language to English (UK), Still no luck. Any other way around for resolving this. Other than date in slicer, all dates in my reports are in dd-mm-yyyy fomrat. Its really annoying and frustrating that i cannot allign the date format of filter to the rest of the dates.

Regards,

Hemant

Highlighted
bidevsugmen Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @hemantsingh 

Can you check if you have changed the language and spell check both to English (UK) in the Chrome browser settings?

After doing this the date in slicers should be formatted as dd-mm-yyyy.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Suguna.

Super User III
Super User III

@bidevsugmen wrote:

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

The approach of changing the language to English (United Kingdom) works fine on IE and Firefox, but does not work for Google Chrome.

Chrome has it's own internal regional settings for some reason so you have to change it independant of the OS settings

see http://geekswithblogs.net/darrengosbell/archive/2019/03/01/fixing-incorrect-date-formats-in-power-bi...

nickvanmaele Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@d_gosbellIn Power BI desktop my date format is not being picked up. Local date format on my Windows 10 = dd/mm/yyyy, but in my Power BI slicer on a Date field, it still is mm/dd/yyyy. Any clues which other setting could be influencing this?

Super User III
Super User III

@nickvanmaele wrote:

@d_gosbellIn Power BI desktop my date format is not being picked up. Local date format on my Windows 10 = dd/mm/yyyy, but in my Power BI slicer on a Date field, it still is mm/dd/yyyy. Any clues which other setting could be influencing this?

Power BI Desktop should be using the settings defined in the File > Options dialog. Note that there are "Regional Settings" both under "Global" and "Current File" so check both of those. It could be that someone set the file to use a different locale.

nickvanmaele Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for replying. Solved the problem Sorry that I did not think of this 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors