Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

date filtetr

Hi All,

I have data from Jan 2016 to July 2019.

i want to give date filter as drop down(not relative filter).  if my partner or client select Feb 2019, i want my chat or table to reflect from Jan 2016 to feb 2019. basically my end date should be feb 2019. 

please do let me know if i can experiment some solution.

4 REPLIES 4
kevderbeste
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @Anonymous try converting your value colum in a measure with TOTALYTD.

Example: is ur columna value is Sales, create a measure with this TOTALYTD(SUM(SALES), calendartable.[date])

This do that the measure have a behavior based in dates, and the char take this beahvior automatically.

Thanks and regards! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kevderbeste 

This didn't work at my requirement.

can i create a measure where if my filter field is June 2019 then i need to 1 in my calender table and similar way it should follow in desc.

Example :-

June 2019 - 1

may 2019 -2

april 2019 -3

Hi @Anonymous  u need a calendar table, autogenerate in power bi, in order to have compatibility, u can generate one with Calendar_table = CALENDARAUTO(), this make a table with one column called date, and with this u can create all the columns tht you need, like year, month... 

Searching the format  2019 JANUARY u have the dax below.

Year-Mon = FORMAT('Calendar_table '[Date], "YYYY-MM")

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. i will try this and get back to you on ASAP.

Regards,

Nagesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.